We’re currently going through a pandemic, and that has changed many aspects of our lives. We cannot attend classes or even go to work as we used to do it previously, but we keep connecting via applications like Zoom. Although most laptops have a webcam integrated, looking for a zoom compatible webcam for better video quality is not a bad idea.
Today, we will help you find the best certified webcam for zoom meetings to take your video calls to the next level. It would be best to pay attention to the important details as image quality in times like these.
Most webcams nowadays are suitable for multiple purposes, including streaming or professional use. We know how important visual communication is, considering the COVID-19 pandemic. We will take into account renowned brands and others that haven’t had the spotlight yet.
Zoom Compatible Webcam – Top 5 Zoom Certified Webcams
CAM520 PRO 18X USB Conference Camera (AVer)
If you intend to use a zoom-compatible webcam for business purposes, you’re making the right decision. It is one of the best webcams to use with Zoom for multiple reasons:
- As its name suggests, it is capable of zooming up to 18 times.
- This webcam has an auto-focus lens integrated, which uses optical zoom up to 12 times. Therefore, you can be sure it will provide a quick, smooth pan.
- Its tilt and zoom performance are especially remarkable as they’re capable of capturing the small details that may be present in the picture.
- The Smart Frame feature makes it able to recognize faces and auto-focus instantly.
- You can control the webcam thanks to the RS232 Integration feature. Therefore, it should be easy to synchronize this camera with an AV control panel with the appropriate port.
- You can connect it to any computer as it is a USB device.
These are the main motives we think this is the best webcam for zoom meetings. Not only is it capable of providing a crystal clear image in HD (1080p, 30 FPS). If you decide to purchase this webcam, you’ll be making a safe investment as it was specially made for those who work from home.
If the unique features convince you, this webcam is capable of providing. You can take a look at the full specs of the CAM520 PRO 18X USB at Amazon.
The Jabra PanaCast is one of the best cameras designed to date. The only drawback we could find for this option is its excessive price, but it is one of the best zoom compatible webcams to date in everything else.
Some of the main features of this webcam include the following:
- It’s the best device for image capture. It is equipped with three separate 13MP cameras, each capable of providing real-time video stitching. Therefore, you can be sure it will capture the entire environment if more than one participant is present in the room.
- It is capable of providing a high-quality image even in rooms with poor lighting. Furthermore, it has an auto-zoom feature which helps the camera focus on what’s relevant.
- Not only is it one of the most suitable zoom compatible webcams, but it is also compatible with other business programs, like Microsoft Teams.
- It also captures good-quality audio.
This camera seems like the perfect tool for zoom meetings. The main reason it isn’t our best pick is the high cost, but it excels in everything else.
You can find the full specs and more information about the Jabra PanaCast at Amazon.
Logitech PTZ Pro 2 Camera
Another good contender in this list is the Logitech PTZ Pro 2. Logitech is a renowned brand for computer accessories, and this time, they’ve come with one of the best webcams for zoom meetings.
The main features of this webcam include:
- It is perfect for those who need to capture a whole room in the video. Plus, the pan (260º), tilt (130º), and zoom motor make it the perfect tool for delivering an accurate and high-quality image that captures the entire environment.
- This high quality is maintained even if you perform a close-up (1080p/30FPS). You can perform zoom up to ten times.
- You can connect it to multiple devices, including PC, Macs, and Chromebooks. It also works excellent with most conferencing apps, including Zoom and Skype for Business.
This camera is perfect for those who don’t know much about technology. The controls are easy-to-use, and it is also in a reasonable price range.
You can find more information about the Logitech PTZ Pro 2 Camera at Amazon.
The next option also comes from AVer, and although it is not as good as our top pick, specific points make it a good purchase.
- This camera was designed to provide the highest quality possible. It is capable of delivering 4K Ultra HD Video (remember, you must have a 4K monitor if you want to see accurate results; otherwise, there may be distortions in the image).
- Moreover, you can adjust the zoom up to four times, as a regular camera does. It covers a 120º field of view, making it perfect for meetings where numerous attendees sit on the edges of a regular camera’s FOV.
- Similar to our main pick, it is excellent in capturing video despite the extreme lighting conditions. You’ll see how accurate the color whether you’re using artificial or natural light to illuminate the room.
- It’s easy-to-use and installs. All you need to do is connect it to your PC, and the webcam will be ready for use. It is a zoom compatible webcam but also works with other programs, like Adobe Connect and Google Hangouts.
If all these features weren’t enough, it comes at an excellent price, making it a real bargain. You can see more information about the AVer CAM340 at Amazon.
The Yealink UVC30 may not cover such a wide area as other options here, but it offers more versatility than most alternatives. It is a premium USB camera that works better in more enclosed environments, although that doesn’t mean you should underestimate it. Here are its main features:
- It has a wide field of view (120º) that makes sure everyone that’s sitting at the table is seen on the screen.
- It offers multiple options for quality, such as 4K/30FPS or 720p/60FPS. You can also opt for using the 1080p/60FPS setting based on your preferences.
- The auto-framing feature will detect everyone present in the room within a few seconds. If the API is developed, you will see accurate statistical data about everyone in the room.
- You can choose to mount it in multiple places, like the top of the monitor or on a wall at your convenience.
This zoom compatible webcam is one of the strongest contenders for the best webcam for zoom meetings. Furthermore, it is in an acceptable price range, which means it’s a safe investment if you intend to use it for business purposes.
You can find the full specs and more information about the Yealink UVC30 at Amazon.
How to Choose the Best Zoom Compatible Webcam?
If you’re not familiar with technology, it can be hard to select a device that’s supposed to help you during your meetings. It would help if you asked yourself the following questions:
- How many people will be present in the room with you?
- Do you need to show something specific while you’re streaming (i.e., a board)?
- How accurate do you need the image to be?
You should find the perfect webcam for your needs based on the answers to these questions. Although all of the zoom-compatible webcams mentioned on the list are excellent in numerous aspects, it is a matter of preference at the end of the day, and you’ll be the one who picks the product.
Our best pick remains the same – the AVer CAM520 PRO. Not only is it capable of covering the widest FOV of all choices, but it also keeps the image at high quality even when you use the 10X zoom feature.
Additionally, zoom meetings are significant, especially if you’re the host. It would be best if you had the right equipment whenever you broadcast, and that includes your webcam.
We recommend acquiring an external microphone, even if webcams have one integrated (which aren’t good mostly).
Equipped with a good webcam, a superb microphone or headset, and the best lighting setup, you can take your zoom meetings to the next level. You will look professional, and everything you need them to see will be visible on the screen.