Easy to install and use, Zoom for iOS has swept a massive user base all over the world and has already replaced apps like GoToMeeting, WebEx, Blue Jeans, or ANY other web conference tool out there, through feasibility in usages such as hosting webinars, teaching online courses, conducting online training, video demonstrations, virtual meetings, and video conferences. Zoom app for iPhone boasts various additional built-in benefits. For example, the software supports both 3G and 4G wireless networks.
This software is engineered and optimized to provide the users with a top-notch experience and is quite reliable. An intuitive and easy user-interface, it is also one of the most affordable software solutions for hosting online video meetings for the seamless range of services that it offers. With a rich set of functionalities and up-to-the-mark performance, for both scheduled and ad hoc meetings, the application is here and it is here to stay for a really LONG time unless we come up with something equally affordable, reliable, and user-friendly – which is what Zoom is in a nutshell.
Zoom Features – An Overview
While the Zoom app for iPhone boasts a long list of features, the dashboard for a typical meeting client is not very cluttered or difficult to navigate. On the left-hand side of the dashboard, users have the option to mute their voices or switch their camera mode on and off. At the bottom of the room, users may invite new participants to join, view current speakers, share their mobile screen or background, enter/leave the chat room, or opt to record the entire performance.
The video feed of the active participant, which is generally the person speaking or sharing their screen, is automatically presented by the Zoom app for iPhone. When sharing your screen background or trying out the whiteboarding tool, the same options will appear at the top of the screen, as well the option to gain hand-control off to another broadcaster, or exit the screen sharing mode.
Many of the instructions available to end-users are quite apparent and self-explanatory. Even first-time users should require little or absolutely no training to use the software, and even those that do require the mentoring should be able to pick it up quickly.
Zoom app download hosts a number of features. With the help of the Zoom cloud meetings app, users can enjoy the following features:
- HD Audio / Video Conferencing
- iPhone screen sharing quality
- Instant as well as scheduled meetings
- Content management through brainstorming and discussion boards
- Contact availability status
- Private and Group Chats
- Join as an interactive participant or view-only webinar attendee without creating an account
Installing Zoom app for iPhone
Supported Operating Systems: To download zoom for iPhone, these are the minimum system requirements to run the zoom app in your operating system:
- iOS 7.0 or later:
- Send and receive video using front or rear camera
- iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front-facing camera)
To install Zoom meetings for iPhone, you may need to change your Security and Privacy settings and allow for apps downloaded or zoom app for iPhone from identified developers. This can be done by:
- Click on the Apple Icon at the top left corner of your window screen and choose System Preferences.
- Open Security and Privacy
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left to gain access to make changes.
- Enter your device’s administrator username and password.
- Change the option of Allow apps downloaded from to App Store and identified developers. Once that’s done you can easily use the link to download zoom for iPhone and launch it on your device without any difficulty, by visiting the Download Center and installing zoom cloud meetings from there.
- Once the installation process is complete, open the zoom application icon on your iPhone to start using Zoom.
How to use the zoom app on iPhone?
Schedule a meeting using the Zoom app for iPhone
- Click on Schedule or Host a Meeting.
- Tap Schedule Meeting.
- Fill in the meeting details. The meeting options include:
- Meeting Name
- Start Time
- Time Zone
- Repeat the meeting
- Turn Host Video On or Off
- Turn Attendee Video On or Off
- Choose Audio Option – Telephone Only, VOIP Only, Both or 3rd Party Audio options
- Enter a Meeting Password, if needed.
- Select Allow Join Before Host if you will let participants join before the host joins.
- Select whether you will Use PMI (Personal Meeting ID) or not use a PMI.
- Click on Finish after selecting the meeting options.
- On the newly created Event screen, click on Invitees to add attendees.
- Click on the Add option. The invitations will be sent automatically to invitees and the meeting would be included in your Upcoming Meetings list.
Also Read: Zoom for iOS – Zoom Download for iOS 2019
How to join a meeting using the zoom app for iPhone?
- Select Join a Meeting.
- Type in the Meeting ID of the conference you wish to join.
- Click Join Meeting.
Special Zoom Packages
Zoom offers a wide array of features that virtually satisfies any company’s needs. It has all the essential features users look out for in a video conferencing platform, in addition to some ancillary features that can prove useful for collaborative and brainstorming sessions. Zoom usually offers a free edition that allows users to test out all its essential features. However, to take a glimpse of additional features, you’ll have to pay for other packages which are usually priced between $10 to $16:
- The very first and basic tier of zoom app for iPhone is a fully-featured free plan with an unrestricted number of video meetings. Despite a 40-minute time limit on your group meetings, you would be able to host up to 100 people and enjoy unlimited one-on-one conversations.
- The next step up after the basic version of Zoom app for iPhone, zoom Pro is available at £11.99 per month, per person, and it includes everything you get in the Basic package, in addition to unlimited meeting duration for all group sizes as opposed to the 40-min limit in the former pack, administrative feature controls, and exceptional user management.
- Zoom Meetings Business, available at a rate of £15.99 per month per individual, includes all the Pro features, plus a handful of extra facilities like dedicated phone support, and your own admin dashboard. However, you’ll need a minimum of ten hosts to be qualified for the Business level pack of Zoom app for iPhone.
- Fourthly, Zoom Meetings Enterprise, again available at £15.99 per month per person, but you will need a minimum of 100 hosts to sign up & get started. This tier provides a provision of up to 200 participants and includes all of the business-level features, plus unlimited cloud storage, access to your own customer success manager, and exclusive discounts on Zoom Rooms and Webinars correspondences.
Zoom is exceptional in the sense that all its features are available to even free users. Free users will experience video conferences limited by time (usually forty minutes, but will still have the access to try out all Zoom’s features in unlimited one-to-one meetings. The free edition is so robust; it might sufficiently suitable for very small businesses that don’t have a daily and dire need for conferencing.
Aside from the four basic pricing packages, the zoom app for iPhone offers assortments of unique options available for customers in specific segments. For instance, Zoom Meetings is particularly popular among educational establishments, and around 90% of the top universities in the USA and churches utilize Zoom for a selection of academic reasons. The Zoom Education compendium includes video breakout rooms, accessibility features for people with disabilities, and support for a conference, mobile, and desktop rooms all in a single session. Ultimately, no matter in what manner do you want to launch your video conferencing experience, Zoom has something to offer to people belonging to every group.
As video conferencing technology is emerging as a crucial component of running an efficient and connected business, companies like Zoom are establishing their dominance in this particular market and leading the way with efficient deployment models and unique strategies for organizations and corporate houses to take their meetings beyond the standard voice call. Owing to its pursuit of excellence in offering quality and consistent enterprise experience, Zoom cloud meetings for iPhone was named as a Leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for meeting solutions.
With a wide selection of tier packages to gratify every company’s needs and even businesses from specific segments, the Zoom app for iPhone certainly qualifies to provide its customers with one of the most advanced solutions for video conferencing. Overall, one can claim that the Zoom app for iPhone is an affordable and comprehensive option for video conferencing services, making it a great choice for businesses of any size in need of video conference software.